Sunday, March 3, 2013

Shibari: Our erotic art form...

A few thoughts on the bondage aspect of my relationship with Miss K.  I've always been intrigued by bondage, but not just any bondage.  For whatever reason, simply tying my pet to the bed or wall or chair or what-have-you is fun, but it has its limits.  We have the standard bondage implements of cuffs and spreaders, and don't get me wrong!  They are fun!  However, I find they require a lot more work in terms of "setting the scene" and imagination.  I prefer a more artistic, sensual atmosphere to weave into our erotic play, which is why I have become a student of Shibari or Kinbaku, a.k.a. Japanese rope bondage.

I credit my fascination with ropes and knot-tying with my experiences as a child (none of which was erotic by the way).  Whether it was helping my father and uncles tie a pair of pack boxes, using the famed diamond-hitch, on our mules for a hunting trip or lashing any number of items to a trailer for a long-haul or stringing up a tarp or tent securely between trees such that it could stand a very strong wind or rain, I was always intrigued with the art and skill involved with ropes.

So, when Miss K and I finally hooked up again, I knew a whole new arena of art was open to me.  I'm by no means an expert yet, but my familiarity with ropes gave me the confidence to enter the field of Shibari with little trepidation and a healthy dose of respect.

The arm bind you can see in a previous post is a credit to this.  Such a beautiful piece of art...  it turns Miss K into my own personal erotic canvas, which has a very arousing effect on me.  What's wonderful, too, is the effect it has on Miss K.  The bind makes her feel like part of the artwork, which she obviously is, and makes her feel even more beautiful for me, but it also has a very calming and seductive effect on her.  I've also found the added benefit that it prolongs the experience.  You don't just whip the ropes around.  For one it's difficult to do with the long sections you might use.  Second, flying rope ends are unwieldy and an inflict unintended and unpredictable pain through burns or whips.  Third, why hurry?!?  You're creating erotic art!  Take your time and enjoy it!

It's not rocket science, but I do caution folks interested in this art form to be careful.  Done improperly you can injure your pet; however, a few simple concepts can keep you out of most trouble.

1. Never bind on a joint, always above or below
2. Bind on soft tissue, not on the bone.
3. Tight is a misconception.  I prefer firm and snug.  Just so such that slippage is not possible.
4. Master simplicity first.
5. Stay very keen of your subject's body language and physical status.

There are many sources of information out there.  I particularly recommend the following resource:  www.completeshibari.com.  I found the books nicely done and easy to follow.  Another great resource for quality supplies is www.twistedmonk.com.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting and informative post. Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete